I want cake dammit! Banana bread in particular -- I found a low fat recipe and with a few modifications it's zero fat and low sugar.
Total calories: 648.5
10 slices at 65 calories per slice.
2 medium sized bananas - the riper the better
120g whole wheat flour
35g demerara sugar (or sweetener of choice - add according to taste).
3 medium egg whites
1/2 teaspoon baking soda
1 cal spray oil
1 tablespoon vanilla extract
1/2 teaspoon Cinnamon
1/2 teaspoon nutmeg
2 tablespoons 0% fat Greek yoghurt
Preheat oven to 350°F, Flour + Grease pan with 1 cal oil spray. In a large bowl add the dry ingredients.
1. Slice the 2 bananas into manageable size
2. In a separate bowl mash bananas with fork or potato masher till smooth.
3. Whip egg + sugar together (mechanically is best) till egg whites harden and form peaks - makes cake fluffy and light
3. Fold wet ingredients into the dry ingredients and mix.
4. Leave batter to sit in bowl for 5 mins to allow oats to swell and baking soda can activate.
After 5 minutes pour batter into pan and put in oven for 40-60 minutes. Take out of oven and leave to cool for 5 mins. Then you can take it out and eat!!!
**Unfortunately my got burnt --note don't think it's OK to take a bubble bath whilst baking!!! So I only managed to salvage about 2 slices worth *tears* but it was delicious. I would recommend reducing the amount of sugar in the recipe as the bananas help in adding sweetness, otherwise a really relicious (ridiculously delicious) cake.