6 May 2012

Day 20: one ingredient ice cream!

OK, so I went overboard on my grocery shopping this week and bought a ton of bananas and of course they also ripened up pretty fast so I'm in a race against time to find something to do with them. So I started browsing the web for healthy recipes. The Kitchn came to my rescue with a banana ice cream recipe that looked too good to ignore.
I was shocked how much it really tastes like ice cream but minus the guilt - I didn't feel like I was missing out on the real thing because this is better! I will make it again but with different flavours like dark chocolate chips, almond butter etc..

1 serving of this recipe (64g) is only 61 calories and 0.2g of fat and in comparison 1 serving of Haagen-Daz vanilla ice cream is 198 calories with 15.2g of fat!!

I would definitely recommend giving this recipe a try, it's inexpensive (£0.90/$1.50) and so yummy. Let me know how it goes!  ALSO...STAY TUNED FOR MY ALMOND, BANANA + OAT PROTEIN BARS ...lower calories than store bought ones and deliciously less guilty!! xxx

No comments:

Post a Comment