19 Apr 2012

Inspiration : Jordin Sparks

Just as beautiful before her weight loss but now she has a confidence that definitely wasn't there before. In my opinion she was never fat but we all have our own aspirations and visions of where we want to be, so for her, she needed to lose weight.

Height: 5'10"
Total weight loss: approximately 35 pounds
Dress size before: US 14
Dress size after: US 8

What I love about her weight loss is that she did it without compromising her curves and she is toned -- which is basically my ideal body type!

Here's what she says about her weight loss:

"I made exercise a priority instead of just talking about it...I'm very happy, so that helps as well, and just watching portion sizes." 
“I started slowly by walking the path around my house, and then eventually walking a little bit faster, and then actually going and climbing up the mountain [near my home],” she said. “So it was literally a mountain to climb, but I did that.”

She hired a personal trainer, went swimming, did Zumba, P90X, went for walks + runs and most importantly changed her diet (portion control).

On why she shared her bikini pic with the world:

"I don’t know what I was thinking saying, 'It's the first time I’ve put a bikini on. I’m going to post it to the entire world.' I was feeling really good that day. It's all about how you feel in the bathing suit."   

"For me to even be talking about bikini confidence  is crazy,” she said. “If you had asked me a couple of months ago, I probably would have been like, ‘what are you talking about…’ so it’s actually huge for me to even feel okay with putting a bikini on.”
I'm so happy for her and in a way for myself because I know that making the decision to want to change my body is a huge step -- and hopefully one day I can get to the ME that I know is in there somewhere.

No comments:

Post a Comment